The summer has been very busy, and I have some great things in the works and news for you!
I just launched my Kickstarter campaign to raise the money I need to finish my new album project, and I hope you'll take a few moments to review the rewards available and pledge and participate in this new album that I am extremely excited for you to hear! Click the photo!
You can contribute as little as $1 or even specify your own amount. You can get downloads, autographed CD's, T Shirts, and new merchandise items. I have VIP packages, Guitar Lessons... I am even including a guitar that I played on the album and have played on stage with Radney Foster - AND we'll both autograph it! My friends at Voodoo Lab, Covenant Cables, Haunted Labs, and Keeley Electronics have helped me put together a small pedalboard with pedals that I use! So please click the picture above and pledge whatever you can and help spread the word by sharing my campaign. By reaching my goal, I can not only record the best album possible, but I can promote it and get it to as many people as possible.
I can't put into words how excited I am to kick off this project.
10 new original songs!
An A-List band and producer!
Once again, I'm working with my friend Casey Wood to produce the album with me, and we have an incredible roster of the best Nashville musicians!
- John Lancaster on piano and Hammond B3 (John plays with Gary Allan and has recorded with Radney Foster and Will Hoge just to name a few)
- John Henry Trinko on piano and Hammond B3 (John tours with Randy Houser and has recorded with Gretchen Wilson, Jamey Johnson, Kasey Musgraves, and many more)
- Tommy MacDonald on bass (Tommy tours with David Lee Murphy, Delbert McClinton, and has recorded with Buddy Guy, Tom Hambridge, and others)
- Casey Wood on drums and percussion. Casey is a man of many talents and we've been playing music together for several years now. His credits are too many to list.
And I'm very excited to announce the Special Guests who will appear on the album!!
- Kendra Chantelle - You may remember Kendra from season 10 of American Idol or seen her on tour with Zac Brown Band, and she currently tours with Tom Kieffer (Cinderella)
- Greg Martin - Yes, that Greg Martin of the Kentucky Headhunters! Greg is an incredible guitarist and human being, and I honestly am thrilled that he said yes to be part of this album. Greg will add his soulful slide guitar to the song "Dandelion". This is definitely a dream come true.
- Radney Foster - Radney joins me on a song he and I cowrote together, the title track called "Wherever You Go". Radney has been an incredible mentor and his talent, input, and support are priceless.
BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!
I'm also so excited to announce that I have worked with my good friend, Robert Keeley and the awesome crew at Keeley Electronics to develop my own signature guitar effects pedal! They are called the "Verb-o-Trem" and "Verb-o-Trem Workstation". If you're not into guitar effects pedals, you can probably skip ahead, but if even if you're not a guitarist, this is such an amazing honor to have my own signature pedal! Well, two of them actually!
The Verb-o-Trem will retail for $149 when released and contains 3 different styles of Tremolo effects plus a warm Spring Reverb. Sounds like you would find on vintage guitar amplifiers from the 60's.
The Verb-o-Trem Workstation is it's big brother! It will retail for $299 and contains 8 different Reverb effects PLUS 8 different Tremolo effects PLUS Tap Tempo PLUS Expression controls PLUS Stereo outputs!! This is a powerhouse pedal that is so much more than just a Tremolo or Reverb.
Both pedals are currently offered in a limited quantity on my Kickstarter. They'll be available for sale online at Keeley Electronics and other dealers as well as at my shows this winter!
PLUS Keeley Electronics has featured my Kickstarter in their recent ad campaign!
They really are the best to work with!
So what does this all mean? Well, if the Kickstarter campaign succeeds, then I am targeting a late October release. Stay tuned here and online for news of the official release date. The Verb-o-Trem pedals should also be available shortly afterwards. I have hired a publicist who will be promoting the album to numerous print and online magazines as well as radio for upcoming tour dates. And don't forget to check the Tour page on my website for great shows coming up: The Old Quarter Acoustic Cafe in Galveston, The Saxon Pub in Austin, TX plus I'm opening for Radney Foster at the Franklin Theatre in Franklin, TN in Nov.
Hope to see you at a show soon!!
There's more to announce and talk about, but I'll save that for the next update! Again, thank you so much for your continued support. I do hope that you'll contribute to my Kickstarter to become part of this journey with the new album and help me spread the word by sharing with your friends!